Practical support and information
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

behaviour

Kimla10Kimla10 Member Posts: 5 Listener
hello all, i work at a Disability Centre teaching IT. The council has a person in centre now, to i guess, see about viable funding and if he should close us down. But we have trustees. its all crazy. in IT one of my learners said 'no more' so i gave him flipchart paper to draw on floor & when i went to art room he managed to get to paints & painted paper and some on floor.i cleaned up mess full stop end of story. things happen. now i have this email about a meeting and it says - supervision and lack of direction for learners. i have a TA. 
This person from Adult learning is stressing us out its like walking on eggshells.
this person just doesn't understand disabled and its so irritating. his plans for next term are Movie making software and creating apps! my learners don't have mobile phones!!! 
any advice for the meeting would be great! 
i can't deal with ignorant people - its like in history - ignorant people do the most damage to society.

Replies

• YoungCarerOverHereYoungCarerOverHere Member Posts: 50 Connected
    I can see how the representative from Adult Learning is irritating here; especially as they only seem to be adding to your problems than helping you solve them effectively. The apps and movie making software does seem like a poorly suited idea if your clients won't have the tools to access them- almost a waste of time and effort.

As my reply is quite late I'm not sure whether you've had your meeting or not. However, I would suggest that you point out the lack of phones and maybe provide a more appropriate alternative that would benefit your clients. Try to keep calm though- despite their ignorance!
Sign in or join us to comment.