Practical support and information
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Help with mobility chair?

Raymondjohn07Raymondjohn07 Member Posts: 2
Hi 
i have terminal cancer and receive PIP which is a help, I have trouble sleeping at night as I cannot get comfortable, also when sitting in my chair, would I be able to get help to purchase a mobility chair which I could lay flat in and also help me to get up and down,
thank you.?

Replies

• Debbie_ScopeDebbie_Scope Member Posts: 947 Pioneering
    Hi Raymondjohn07,

Thanks for posting your question. I'm sorry to hear about your health and the difficulties you're having getting comfortable at night and when sitting.

Hopefully the following suggestions will help you purchase the chair that you need.

Firstly it's worth finding out if Macmillan can help with a grant. You may already have some contact with Macmillan but if not do consider getting in touch with them to find out if they can help you with this.
    http://www.macmillan.org.uk/information-and-support/organising/benefits-and-financial-support/benefits-and-your-rights/macmillan-grants.html 

Turn2us has a grants database comprising of around 3000 charitable organisations offering grants. You can tailor the search based on your information which should help narrow down the available grant providers. Find out more on www.turn2us.org.uk.

You could also try contacting a local disability information service, some of them advertise second hand equipment which could be a cheaper option if you're not able to find the funds you need to buy new.

If you're familiar with Ebay and Gumtree it's worth checking those sites to see if you can pick up a bargain locally. 

Local charitable organisations are also worth checking like Rotary Clubs etc.

If you need some more assistance with this, please do let me know.

All the best 
    Debbie
  • Raymondjohn07Raymondjohn07 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you Debbie I will try them and see how I get on.

Regards
    Ray.
Sign in or join us to comment.