Pip tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Pip tribunal

carlos Member Posts: 2
Hello I'm lookingoing for some advise if suffer fromy chronic cluster headaches  and have beven awarded pip care at enhanced rate but 0 mobility on reassment I did have a motabilty vehicle before reassment and now this has left me housebound because I cannot transport large oxygen cylinders I had a tribunal yesterday which has been adjourned 


  • Debbie_Scope
    Debbie_Scope Member Posts: 944 Pioneering
    Hi Carlos,

    Is someone representing you at tribunal or has the hearing been adjourned to allow you time to seek some advice? 

  • carlos
    carlos Member Posts: 2
    I have a man from the council representing me but there looking at the award I've been given as well already and said why have I been awarded this and that so now have senthe for my medical records
  • Debbie_Scope
    Debbie_Scope Member Posts: 944 Pioneering
    I'm glad you have some support from the council and they are representing you at tribunal.

    One of the difficulties when challenging PIP decisions is that the whole award is looked at, not just the part you want to challenge. It could take a little longer before you get a definitive answer now, but I hope that the right decision is made in the end.

    There's not much advice I can offer at this stage as it's in the hands of the tribunal now and you have representation, but I wish you every success with the proceedings.

    If you have any further questions about your PIP, I'm happy to try and answer them and you're welcome to get in touch anytime if you need some more information.

    Best wishes


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.