Aripiprazole and autism. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Aripiprazole and autism.

Options
MamaGG
MamaGG Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Just wondering if any of your children have had any success with this medication . My son has severe autism , anxiety disorder and challenging behaviour , he has been prescribed this as Risperidone has caused rapid weight gain . My son is almost 15 and has been taking it for 3 weeks , I find he has become more introverted and reluctant to interact with us . Any advice or experience from you guys would be brilliant . 

Comments

• josiedoodles
    josiedoodles Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    If he isn't happy with being on the medication after a month that will be when the introductory period will have ended.  The weight gain is an extremely common symptom in a lot of dopamine depleting drugs /antiphycotic medication.  From what I know the UN discourage from medicating to reduce behaviour related to autism.  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.