Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Any advice for a boy on the spectrum with lack of road awareness?
Yvette has asked this question on our Facebook page, can anyone help?
Any ideas for nearly 13-year-old on the spectrum with lack of road awareness? He doesn't run off, just has trouble remembering to look and take in situation before crossing, trouble judging speeds and when safe to cross. He gets easily distracted chatting with friends/siblings (although the good ones grab hold of him if it isn't safe and he starts crossing) or distracted with where he is going especially if he is in a hurry to get there?
Also with moving out of the
way and into the road if something frightens him - dogs, noise off lawnmowers
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 303 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 706 Chronic pain and pain management
- 719 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments