please help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

please help

leonpigo Member Posts: 1
Hello .i just want to know as i am hearing impaired person .can i apply for house ou and the council help me paye for me as ?

Do i have the right to have my own place then apply for other benefit ?is yes where to go or to start please help.
Thank you 


  • Ditto
    Ditto Member Posts: 4
    I'm not sure you will be considered for a flat, house etc because you are hearing impaired. But you can start doing research on what your local council offers, click on the below link to see which local authority you come under
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi leonpigo,

    Thanks for posting your question.

    You would need to check with your local authority about their housing allocations policy and you can do that using the local council finder that Ditto kindly posted above.

    Or if you could tell me which local authority you live in I can look up their policy for you and post it here.

    Shelter has some very good information about applying for social housing on their website and you can find this information in the following link. It explains eligibility and priority need which are important factors. Much will also depend on your current housing status too.

    If I can be of further help please let me know.

    Best wishes

    Debbie :)


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.