Practical support and information
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

stuck at home

amanda12amanda12 Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello iam new to this so here goes.

My daughter has DS and aged 22yrs,she left school at 19yrs and went to college the first term she liked it but her 2nd term began with problems like she wouldn't go in the taxi without myself,her problems of being without me grew and she finally wouldn't even go to college so her place was closed.

That was 2yrs ago and since then she wont leave the house even with her carer,I have to go with her she seems to feel safe at home,we have tried everything an she wont budge,she used to go out with her carers to clubs and events but now she wont go anywhere unless I go can anyone help me?

Replies

• rosa_albarosa_alba Member Posts: 1
    What is her diagnosis?

Have you tried eg Pokémon Go or Geocaching if it is Aspergers or ADHD.  I sometimes also have to insist no computer if the dogs are not walked to get my son out.
  • unluckyglounluckyglo Member Posts: 13
    I assume your daughter is quite intelligent. Something has removed her confidence. This will take time to get back and patience on your part. Have you tried finding her a new interest and once she is very keen and wants to go
     You either pretend to be too ill to go, or feel faint and leave very early. Sorry if you have already tried this. Good luck
Sign in or join us to comment.