Interested in trying out Martial Arts? Led by disabled, for disabled! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Interested in trying out Martial Arts? Led by disabled, for disabled!

DisabledGrappler
DisabledGrappler Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I hope you all find this of interest, please spread the word to others who may benefit!  I am a disabled sport scientist (MSc) and I love a form of Martial Arts called Grappling (aka BJJ), I have been through many forms and have used it as a positive outlet for frustration, to overcome isolation and even for pain management. I can't stress the benefits enough.   Therefore, starting in Bath, I am starting a series of programmes which will introduce you to a variety of Martial Arts and of the benefits of gentle but efficient exercise.  The end goal is to give you the confidence to follow a Martial Art or exercise regime to suit you, as you will now have the contacts!  If demand permits I will run a permanent class. I really want to spread this nationally, and can only do so with your community support!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.