DLA to PIP - anything else I can do? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

DLA to PIP - anything else I can do?

Ni74 Member Posts: 3
This discussion was created from comments split from: DLA to PIP.


  • Ni74
    Ni74 Member Posts: 3
    My son is 16 changed from DLA to PIP. Filled out forms and the decision was that he wasnt entitled to it anymore. Sent an appeal letter that i felt was judged on a system without being properly read decision came back again that he wasnt entitled to it. I have subsuquently lost carers too.  Does anyone know if there's anything else we can do. 
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi Ni74,

    Sorry to hear about your son's PIP. It sounds as though you've had the mandatory reconsideration and now you can proceed to a formal appeal to be heard at tribunal.

    See the information on our website about how to appeal a DWP decision, from there you can find the form you need to appeal. http://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/money/dwp-1
    If you can get some local advice with your appeal this will be helpful.
    Check the Scope services directory to see if there is a local advice agency in your area.
    You can also get advice from your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

    If you can't find local help there is a handy guide available from Advice Now which can help you prepare for the appeal. http://www.advicenow.org.uk/guides/how-win-pip-appeal.

    Feel free to get in touch anytime if you want to talk some more about this or if you need help finding some local advice.

    Good luck and best wishes
  • Ni74
    Ni74 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for your help. 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.