Parents, carers and disabled parents
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.


judyrjudyr Member Posts: 2
I care for my grand-daughter who has ASD.  She is 13 years old.  I need someone to care for her her so that I can visit an elderly relative who lives abroad.  Has any one any advice on how I can get this type of respite care?  Where do I start?   Has any one done something similar?


  • Blue FrogBlue Frog Member Posts: 373 Pioneering
    edited September 2016
    Try your local children's services (used to be called social services) they can do an assessment of your grandaughter's needs and perhaps a carers assessment. They usually have specialist social workers who support children with disabilities and they can advise on things like respite - though it is sometimes referred to as short break care 
  • judyrjudyr Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2016
    Thank you.  Blue Frog
Sign in or join us to comment.