Anyone experienced worsening of cerebral Palsy due to aging? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone experienced worsening of cerebral Palsy due to aging?

SandiH
SandiH Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2016 in Cerebral palsy
Just introducing myself.  My name is Sandi, 54 with mild CP and I've lived, worked, married and have had a pretty regular life until about 3 years ago.  I think I may have had a small stroke because suddenly I was drop footing more on my right side.  I had more balance trouble tha usual and suddenly I couldn't focus or concentrate on my job.  

Long story short, I ended up leaving my job for health reasons.  I lost about 50% of my hearing and though CP is not supposed to be progressive, I've had a dilly of a time with lower back and hip stiffness, with spasms.  Which brings me to my question.  Do any of you have mild CP that seems to be acting up as you get older?  I used to walk unaided but now must use a four wheel walker when I'm out and about.  I do not drive because of low vision.  My legs hips and back are tighter than ever yet all the many many doctors I've seen have told me that all my pain is in my head.  Anyone else with similar issues?

Comments

• bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    Hello my name is Bam and I am also from California. I suffer with MS. Where do you live in California?
  • SandiH
    Bam, I live with my hubby and two spoiled rotten cats in San Luis Obispo.
  • bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    I love San Luis Obispo. I spent all a lot of wasted weekends partying at Cal Poly. We would go to the dunes and ride ATVs
  • tesco47
    tesco47 Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
    @SandiH I have spastic cp and been feeling stiffness pain etc for 20 years I'm 52 now 
  • SandiH
    Thanks Tesco!  I thought, after doing the Internet search thing that I had Ankylosing Spondylitis and DO have the blood marker for it plus elevated ANA.  Got a referral to a Rheumatologist but because the office didn't get all my records, they refused to see me. I waited 3 months for that exam!  Anyway, I resent authorizations and maybe they'll call for an appt for me next year. In the meantime......moving SLOW in SLO.

I hope you're having a good day.  My hands are shaking and umph.....stiff as a board.  :p
  • Lizzie_the_panda
    Lizzie_the_panda Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    hi there im 26  and as ive gotten older ive noticed  that the Spastic diplegia in my legs   has gotten worse. i can have good days and bad days  just depends 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.