Need advice on moving — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need advice on moving

Options
fmccann
fmccann Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Can anyone help. Need advice on how to get a move as council say homeless get priority. Any suggestion?

Comments

• Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hi@fmccann, I've moved your post to our housing advisor's board as they may be able to offer you some advice. They will probably need a little more information about your situation first though, such as what area you are living in/ moving to, what type of housing you're looking for etc.
  • fmccann
    fmccann Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Thanks chris
    Will they contact me on here?
  • Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    Options
    Yes they'll comment in this thread below (though it may take several days depending on their schedule), and you should receive a notification when they do.
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @fmccann,

Thanks for your question and I'm sorry for the delay in replying.

I would be happy to help you with your housing query. What is your current housing status? Are you renting privately or are you in social housing or do you own a property or live with family/friends?

This will help me to determine what kind of help might be available. As Chris said, I will need some more information from you too but if you don't feel comfortable providing it on the community you can contact me at the helpline to talk things through.

I look forward to hearing more from you.

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.