Hi, my name is helpplease24! — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi, my name is helpplease24!

helpplease24 Member Posts: 1
Hello I need guidance filling in pip for my physically disabled son.
road accident left him with physical leg injuries.
now 17 operations 8 years on leg still gives way and distance walking is a no no.

making my first. Claim on his behalf ever' I'm lost already.
any advise would be very appreciated.

thank you


  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,628 Pioneering
    Hi helpplease24

    This is quite difficult to tackle on the online community and is the sort of thing we teach advisers during the course of a whole day (or more)!

    Lots of people do fill out the form themselves although it is usually better to get some help from someone who is experienced in filling out this form. I suggest you contact the Scope helpline ( 0808 800 3333 9am to 5pm weekdays) in the first instance as it may be that they can help you with specific questions on the form or can direct you to a service in your local area that can provide more help.


    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.