What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Capability of work questionnaire - help needed

DebbieTaylor2015DebbieTaylor2015 Member Posts: 1
Hi my husband and I have been claiming income related ESA support group together for a good few years know also I get carers allowance and we also get pip know he not lived with his parents for years but today his mum received a capability of work questionnaire to fill in for her so my husband do we still have to fill in and post as jobcentre didn't have a clue what we had to do and why we have this questionnaire to do through his parents


  • Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,729 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2016
    Hi @debbie

    Welcome to the community, I have moved your post over to the Ask a benefits advisor category where you should be able to get more information.

    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Hi Debbie

    Has your husband told the ESA office that he no longer lives at his mum's address? Assuming he has i wonder if your husband's mum acts as an appointee for your husband? If so, she will effectively be responsible for managing his claim including receiving and returning forms.

    I can't think of any other reasons why the form would have been sent to your husband's mum. If it remains unclear i suggest you call the ESA office that is handling your claim and ask why it was not sent directly to your husband. If it has been sent correctly it will be important to complete and send back because otherwise your benefit might stop.

    I hope this helps.
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.