Archived Ask a benefits adviser [CLOSED]
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

when do you re open so i can contact you

youve turn down my sons p.i.p and need to talk to someome


  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Member Posts: 7,732 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cherrie the the PIP Claim Line Telephone is 0800 917 2222 but please be aware that Scope do not deal with PIP applications. We can offer information and support to you though.
    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering

    Hi cherrie, the benefits advisor service is back today. We don't talk to people, it's all online but my advice would be to ask for a mandatory reconsideration of the PIP decision. When you do that, think about what points you think your son should have scored, so you can explain why the decision is wrong. You can look at the points system here.

    Insist on getting a written mandatory reconsideration notice. If that doesn't change the decision then please post again, or talk to a local advice agency. In the meantime as Sam says, you can talk to the Scope helpline for more information and support.


    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.