Housing and independent living
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Will be homeless from 6th feb

SystemSystem Posts: 519

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Housing for single parent with a disability.

Replies

• altheadalthead Member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi I am a single mother of two children under age and one of them is disable I was put into a b&b  today I was told that we have to move out of the b&b by letting  on the 6 of Feb. and there is nothing council housing  can do you for  us can you tell me with step I have to take from this point because we will be homeless from the 6 I have try fining  landlord that except Dss but so far no luck.
  • Chris_AlumniChris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 695 Pioneering
    edited January 2017
    Hi @althead, sorry to hear about your difficult situation. I would recommend that you call our free helpline on 0808 800 3333 (9AM-5pm Mon-Fri). @DebbieVoakes have you got any advice?

• mossycowmossycow Member Posts: 495 Pioneering
    Also, Shelter are helpful. My husband works for a housing charity that help people in y.our situation though it is particular to where we live. But he says get in touch with Shelter and they can guide you:

https://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice

Have you got access to phone and internet? if not, try library? Sorry, you prob know that but I had a problem once and totally forgot about library.

But mostly, don't give up hope. This is a totally **** (cant swear here...but your post is so worthy of swearing on your behalf). but one day you'll be giving others advice as this will all be a far away memory. It just needs a step at a time. And do come on here for ranting and support xx

"I'm trying to live like a random poem I read that ended 'to bloom where we are planted"

• TenTen Member Posts: 10 Listener

Hi Sorry to hear about your situation. Apart from the above you can also contact Homeless Unit in your Local Authority.

with best wishes

TAN

Sign in or join us to comment.