PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Moved to standard care on PIP and losing my scooter

SystemSystem Posts: 489 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, my name is weener62!.

Replies

• weener62weener62 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Can any one help i habe recently moved from dla where i got low care and high mobility now on pip i get standard9 and standard care so i will lose my scooter i miss getting enhanced mobility by 2 points!!! Sjould i have a MR????
  • MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2017
    Hi @weener62 - you have to ask for a mandatory reconsideration before you can appeal. You have to ask for an MR within 28 days of your award letter.  Scope have a draft letter you can use to ask for an MR, link is in the Support and Info section.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Chris_ScopeChris_Scope Member Posts: 695 Pioneering
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Hello @weener62,

It is important to know that when you ask for a Mandatory reconsideration the whole of your claim will be looked at again.  This means that PIP can decide that you should get the same award, a reduced award or no award at all. 

When you do ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration it may be worth saying that you are happy with the standard daily living award.  This will not stop PIP looking again at the award but at least you have made it clear that you are not disputing this award.

Have you seen all the PIP descriptors and points?  These can be found on the AdviceNow tool detailed above by Chris from Scope.

It is worth looking at these to see if for example anxiety is causing you to avoid going out of your home in addition to any physical problems.  If it is purely physical problems then to obtain enhanced rate mobility you will need to persuade PIP that you are unable to walk for more than 20 metres.  Is this the case? And was this the distance you stated on the tick box for mobility on the PIP application form?  If so repeat that this maximum walking distance on your Mandatory Reconsideration request. 

Regards

Maria

The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.