Help needed — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help needed

kass
kass Community member Posts: 65 Connected
This discussion was created from comments split from: Pip.

Comments

• kass
    I need some help from an advisor please about reconsideration for pip......A few days ago I asked the DWP for my report of my assessment in June of 2016 with a an assessor.....I got that report today plus I did ask for a reconsideration but it was not loged at the time for the 1 month.....So the DWP as accepted my reconsideration but I have to have more evidence before the 17th April 2017......and I don't know how to go about it....Could someone help me please in what I have to do........Thank You 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi kass,
    It's good news that the DWP are going to accept your late request for a reconsideration - not really late at all because you did ask for a reconsideration before. And you've done the right thing to get a copy of the assessment.
    What you need to do is provide evidence showing how your disability affects you in ways that relate to PIP. Medical evidence is best (a letter from your doctor or a consultant) but evidence could also include a diary (covering day to day activities in your home and out and about, showing what you can and cannot do, explaining any times you are at risk or take longer to do something than other people, for example).

It's particularly important to give evidence and examples where you disagree with the assessor's report. To help you think about what you need (not all your symptoms and problems will necessarily be relevant to PIP) it's a good idea to do the PIP self-test, think about what points you would give yourself (!) and then think how to back that up with evidence from your life, or if possible, from a third party.

Another type of evidence can be general information about the limitations people with your condition(s) usually have, but this may be less strong than evidence which is about you personally.

I hope this helps.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• kass
    Hi If I put in a Mandatory Reconsideration for Mobility only as I  get Standered Daily Living rate now but no Mobilty.......I'm not asking for the daily living to be looked at just the Mobility if PIP dont change the Mobility would I keep the Standered Daily Living....Or do PIP look at the full claim.......Even if I only ask PIP to look at the Mobility part....As I only have untill the 17th April 2017 to get this Mandatory Reconsideration in........Sorry to ask but could someone reply to me soon Thx so much 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hi Kass,

When you request a reconsideration, the DWP will look at your whole claim not just the mobility, and subsequently if you take the appeal to a Tribunal they will also look at the whole claim.

As such it can be risky proceeding with reconsiderations and appeals where an award is already present.

I would re-iterate Will's advice above of completing the PIP self-test, and try to take a neutral view - if you feel your Daily Living may be under threat, it may not be worth proceeding.

That being said, don't be threatened into not proceeding if you think the decision is incorrect! Many an incorrect decision is changed on reconsideration/appeal - just proceed with caution!

Good luck!

Mary

The Benefits Training Co

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.