Issues with work — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Issues with work

System Posts: 760 Scope online community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, my name is Samantha74!.


  • Samantha74
    Samantha74 Member Posts: 3 Listener

    I'd like some information,  support about employment, I'm a qualified social worker and have been practicing and employed for 16 yrs but have recently had a new manager who lacks understanding about my disability and when I tried to explain he refused to listen and as a result I had a health assessment through occupational health but I feel all this has been so unnecessary and left me feeling stressed and disappointed, I feel that everything has been pulled apart and disected when HR knew all along and could have passed information on without me being left to feel worthless,  I'm currently off work sick due to work related stress and am having counselling,   I've got ataxic cerebral palsy which effects mobility and bladder and bowel function and as a result I have a physical disability and use a catheter and have a stoma,  any suggestions would be very helpful many thanks 
  • Alex
    Alex Scope Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    edited May 2017
    Hi @Samantha74,

    I've just created a new discussion with your comment.

    Sorry to hear you're having such a tough time. There's some info about disability discrimination here  that might be helpful.

    @Snowbird is this something you might be able to help with?
  • Samantha74
    Samantha74 Member Posts: 3 Listener

    Thanks how do I see responses

    Thanks Sam


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.