Housing help? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Housing help?

System Posts: 751 Scope online community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi I'm Rebecca ask me questions about Mental Health.


  • Golden1974
    Golden1974 Member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi Rebecca ,  I have one of the new 5 year housing asociation tenancies. I'm starting to panick a little now as it is coming towards the end. What will happen to me. I belive my son will probably move out within the next year or so. That will leave myself and 17 year old daughter in a 3 bed house. I have CMHT and am recieving esa and pip. The thought of moving is filling me with dread. Are they likely to move me to smaller property.
    many thanks
  • RebeccaMHadvisor
    RebeccaMHadvisor Member Posts: 99 Courageous

    Hi @Golden1974

    A lack of stability over something as important as ‘where will I live’ can have a massive impact on your mental health. It sounds like, with your son possibly moving out your housing situation may not be the only change on the horizon.

    First things first, let’s get your housing situation sorted. Different housing providers have different ways of dealing with flexible tenancies so it is important that you talk to your housing provider about how they will proceed. You can ask for a copy of their policy and this will enable you to prepare for what may or may not happen.

    Shelter is an excellent website providing advice on all things housing and is most definitely worth a look. Your local Citizen’s Advice Bureau can also help to give advice on your housing situation however the wait for CAB advice around the country differs dramatically.

    Although talking to your landlord may also fill you with dread, the sooner you are able to talk to them, the sooner you will know where you stand and the longer you will have to be able to make the right decision for you and get the help and support you might need. 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.