Hi, my name is Epilepsy_Patient! — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi, my name is Epilepsy_Patient!

It's disgraceful the way the Tories have treated us. I have the condition, no DLA. no PIP, no work and no JSA (because of savings). You can get NI credits. Not much consolation though, as a 50 year old single male, my generation will work (if I can find something) until you are 70. I was down at the Job Centre recently and they even tell me that DEA s have been phased out. So who do you go to for advice (apart from the idiot behind the desk) ?  Makes you wonder what the point is in living really ?


  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,676 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Epilepsy_Patient welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear you are struggling, if you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at [email protected]

    You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself.

    If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

    Regarding benefits, we have a benefits calculator here that you can use to see what benefits you may be entitled to.  You say you can't claim DLA or PIP, have you applied for either of these? Have you been turned down as we could support you with the application or appeal processes.

    We have a great community here and I hope that talking to other members might help you feel less isolated in your worries.
    Senior online community officer


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.