incapacity benifit, notice. — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

incapacity benifit, notice.

firefox4 Member Posts: 1 Listener

case history. epilepsy. at approx. 20 yrs old. after having a operation, my social worker FINALLY got me on d.l.a. with a `back payment`. this was then later stopped. put on incapacity benefit. then stopped.  now approx. two year`s, nothing at all. I was later told I was entitled to pip` on the d.l.a., should I be allowed a `back payment` ?    thank you for taking a long time reading this.


  • Matilda
    Matilda Member Posts: 2,610 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @firefox4

    I suggest that you re-post in 'Ask a benefits advisor' category.
  • Alex
    Alex Scope Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    I've moved this over the be benefits advisor category.

    Have you applied for PIP @firefox4
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,628 Pioneering

    Hi @firefox4

    It certainly seems that your benefits need looking at!

    From the description above, I cannot tell whether or not you would seem eligible for PIP, but from the information you have given I would say that if you are eligible it probably would not be backdated.

    If you have a local advice agency, I would recommend trying to get in to see someone face to face to have a full benefit check, but if this is not possible then it would certainly do no harm to make a claim for PIP - the worst they could say is no!

    Best of luck with it, and do let us know if we can be of further assistance.

    Kind regards,


    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.