What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.


  • Helsbels41Helsbels41 Member Posts: 17 Connected
    my eldest son turns 20 in a few short weeks. He is ASD / Aspergus and is receipt of PIP. 
    He lives here at home with myself / His dad and 2 younger brothers.
    I work part time while my husband is a full time carer to our 7 year old who is also ASD/ Aspergus .  My ELDEST son is enrolled on a non entry level - non description course at our local college. The family tax credits we receive for him stop next week as he turns 20 but we're barely managing financial as it is. 
    I Have not been able to find out if he would be entileted to any other financial help. It will virtually impossible for my husband and myself to support him financially in every aspect but I just don't know what to do .
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    @Helsbels41  it sounds as if your son could get ESA (employment and support allowance). I hope you've discovered this already and apologies for not noticing your comment before! Other help you could get will depend on whether or not you and your husband are working so the benefits calculator you were referred to is a good idea.
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.