Help with a form about a change of circumstances — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Help with a form about a change of circumstances

trouble Member Posts: 1 Listener
I have a little know illness called sjorgrens syndrome. (Shor grens). Basically effect most of the body with dryness. Causes choking as it effectsthe mouth and throat and respiratory tract.also arthritis in knees and hands, and fybromyalgia. I have to fill out a former former benefits office. Because email can't help me any more. It's called a change of circumstances. But I don't know what to write.  First time in my life I have been on benefit and I am 57. Had to sign on when my husband died 2 years ago 


  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,105 Pioneering
    Hi @trouble,

    Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board.

    There's plenty of categories and discussions which you can get involved with, whether it's for a chat or to receive some advice and support. You may find our undiagnosed and rare conditions group of particular interest.

    I've also moved this post to our Ask a Benefits advisor category, where @BenefitsTrainingCo may be able to give you more information and advice about your change of circumstances form.

    If you have any questions, please do get in touch!
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,676 Disability Gamechanger
    Hey @trouble what benefits are you currently receiving?
    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,628 Pioneering
    Hi trouble,

    You mention signing on, so is the benefit jobseeker's allowance (JSA), or are you now claiming a different benefit? If you let us know what the benefit is, and what the form is asking, we can help.

    I'm wondering if you might be able to claim employment and support allowance (ESA) instead. 

    Whatever the form is about, try to answer the questions honestly. If there's been a change of circumstances, tell them. If there's been no change, then it's fine to say that things haven't changed.

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.