VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: The Impact of Online Computer Games (e.g.,Minecraft) on Mental Health — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: The Impact of Online Computer Games (e.g.,Minecraft) on Mental Health

Minecraftresearcher
Minecraftresearcher Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Dears,

I hope you are doing well.

I am a PhD student at the University of Strathclyde. I am studying the role of Minecraft or Autcraft in education.  I am trying to find how Minecraft can be used to help children engage, to help them to learn socially and playfully, and to become a part of a community.  I am interested in how this could be useful for children with autism or severe sensory impairment, such as hearing loss.

My research includes parents of deaf and hard of hearing children.  It is an observational study only (parents’ questionnaire, Parents of primary school Children Aged 8 or over. In this project, parents or guardians will be asked to fill in an online questionnaire only. We have not received enough participants, so please help us and we appreciate your help.

Here is an abstract of the research:

Deaf and hard of hearing children (DHH) and children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) have been identified as having relations challenges and difficulties or/and mental health difficulties due to the function of the disability. This research is intended to provide a better understanding of the role of online computer games in the relationships skills and mental health problems of children with ASD and DHH. Contrary to expectation, previous studies suggest Minecraft might be helpful; this study will test that idea. We are interested in the views of parents or guardians of children with hearing difficulties. 

You are invited to participate if: Your child has been diagnosed hearing difficulties (hearing loss). For your participation, you will complete an online questionnaire (20 to 40 minutes). If you would like to know more, please click here and read the Participant Information Sheet.

Participants will be included in a prize selection of an iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi 32GB.

Best Regards,

Omar 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.