PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Trying to get PIP

SystemSystem Posts: 519

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: PIP - Change of Circumstances | Urgent Help.

Replies

• fiona2000fiona2000 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi my name is Fiona I'm trying to get pip I've been let down 3 times now I've got no muscle in my arm plus I'm got curved back I've put in for tribunal plus it's still waiting to be heard my doctors plus other people keep saying I'm entitled to pip but keep getting refused I have dwp helping me she said that I'm entitled to pip I've got learning difficulties as well I was wondering how long do we have to wait for tribunal to be heard we been waiting for 3 months now 

• BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Hi fiona2000

It can take a while to get to tribunal and 3 months is not out of the ordinary. I guess you have contacted the Court's Service recently but if not then you should as they may be able to give you an update.

Are you getting any help with your claim/appeal from anyone other than the DWP? Although some DWP staff can be very helpful they are not in a position to help with appeals as there would be a conflict of interest. I strongly suggest you contact an independent advice service where there may be an adviser who can help. If you are not sure where to find your local services you might like to telephone the Scope helpline.

Kind regards
    David
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.