Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Research Request - For carers of disability benefit claimants
Do you support, care or look after someone unpaid who currently claims or has claimed disability benefits until they were reassessed?
My name is Helen Foster, an MSc student from the University of Liverpool Online, researching the impact of welfare changes on the informal carers of disability benefit claimants. We are currently looking for people who look after, care or support unpaid for someone who due to disability, chronic condition and/or mental health issue currently claims or has claimed UK Department for Work and Pensions disability benefits until they were reassessed through the Work Capability Assessment (WCA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Assessment.
To be eligible for this study you must be over the age of 18 and not diagnosed with any mental health issue.
To find out more and to take part please go to
- 54K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 154 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 793 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 705 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.