If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip review evidence?

angnryanangnryan Member Posts: 47 Connected
Hi, autistic son has pip review coming up,  his medical evidence is over six months old from when he transferred from dla to pip, and I've heard they won't accept evidence over six months old, he doesn't see his psychologist now as he has had all the appointments allowed apparently, does he need to supply up to date evidence for a review?  his problems are unchanged, any advice would be great, also on filling in the form, and if needed what to do to get up to date evidence 


  • wildlifewildlife Member Posts: 1,314 Pioneering
    @angnryan I posted some info about how to get medical records see discussion called how to access your medical records. I don't know who told you the DWP only accept evidence from the last 6 months. I had evidence going back 46 years that was used for my PIP claim. Just send in any evidence you've got.    
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Hi angnryan,

    There is absolutely no reason for the DWP not to accept evidence over six months old, assuming your son's condition hasn't changed. As wildlife says, just send it in. There is no requirement for up to date evidence, only evidence which is still relevant - ie, if he has the same problems, the evidence remains completely fine.

    When you fill in the form, the clearer you can make it that he has the same problems as before, the better.

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.