Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Do you support, care or look after someone unpaid who currently claims/claimed disability benefits?
My name is Helen Foster, an MSc student from the University of Liverpool Online, researching the impact of welfare changes on the informal carers of disability benefit claimants. We are currently looking for people who look after, care or support unpaid for someone who due to disability, chronic condition and/or mental health issue currently claims or has claimed UK Department for Work and Pensions disability benefits until they were reassessed through the Work Capability Assessment (WCA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Assessment.
To be eligible for this study you must be over the age of 18 and not diagnosed with any mental health issue.
To find out more and to take part please go to
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 799 Work and employment
- 590 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 293 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 708 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 939 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.