What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

SDA and home visits

cabbeycabbey Member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm speaking on behalf of my Aunt. 
She is completely blind. At present she receives SDA. 
Is it possible to have an advisor to visit her at home, I don't think she is receiving the correct amount of benefit.
she is 77 years old, and also has difficulty walking.

many thanks 


  • Debbie_ScopeDebbie_Scope Member Posts: 947 Pioneering
    Hi @cabbey,

    Welcome to the community :)

    Your Aunt may have an Age UK advice service in her area and often they can carry out benefits checks at home.

    The local Council may have a benefits advice service, or Citizens Advice might be able to visit. 

    If you're not able to get local help just let me know and I can guide you along.

    Best wishes
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering

    Hi @cabbey

    Just as Debbie advises, Age UK, Citizens Advice and Local Council are a good places to start for home visits.

    SDA is now very rare, particularly for someone who is so far past retirement age. Therefore when someone comes to see her, make sure they are a benefits specialist, as there may be some quirky issues in getting your Aunt's benefits up to scratch.

    Do let us know if there is anything more we can do!

    Kind regards,


    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.