getting blue badge — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

getting blue badge

jacko88
jacko88 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I currently get lower rate mobility due to heart condition get 22.00 per week. Due to can't climb stairs walk longer tha  25 m without stopping.

Havery had another face to face with pip lot.
Due to reduced mobility in right shoulder severely hampering ability to wash and put shirt. And jacket on without help.
Heart rate has increased tiredness chest pains.

Can I apply for blue badge now or wait for new outcome of latest pip assessment

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi jacko88

It may be that you qualify automatically if you receive at least a standard rate PIP mobility award based on the physical criteria. This would be any of descriptors c, d, e or f under the moving around activity on page 35 of the Disability Rights UK factsheet here. If you don't (it's not clear whether you are currently getting DLA or PIP) you may still qualify but it will be more difficult to evidence. The Citizen's Advice website has a useful page on this and rather then me repeating it all here i suggest you have a look using the link here.

I hope this helps.
    David
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.