Other benifits — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Other benifits

abbatony4950
abbatony4950 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi,When I was on DLA I was getting other benifits such as Severe Disability Payment,Can I get that backdated as well.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @abbatony4950.

It's great to meet you & I hope that we can help you with this ????

We have got plenty of info on our home page with regards to "Benefits "

You will also find a "Benefits Advisor " who would help you further with this.

There is also a "Benefit Calculator" which will be good for you as well.

Please please let us know if if we can help you further with this????

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi abbatony4950,

I am going to need to some more information really to give any meaningful advice. What benefits are you currently receiving? Has your DLA ended and are you receiving PIP now?
    If you are receiving a means-tested benefit such as Income-related ESA or Income Support, a Severe Disability Premium can be paid within that entitlement if you receive the middle or higher rate care component of DLA or the daily living component of PIP, if you live alone and if you don't have a carer claiming Carer's Allowance for looking after you. The Severe Disability Premium can be backdated for as long as you are entitled to the qualifying benefit and the means-tested benefit. As I say, if you want to provide some more information about your circumstances we can give more accurate advice.

Thanks,
    Lee

The Benefits Training Co:

• abbatony4950
    abbatony4950 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hi,No I'm not receiving any other benifits,l have been to a tribunal and won my appeal on 31/05/2017 but the DWP are waiting for the judge to reply,I have been awarded standard rate for daily living and enhanced rate for mobility and they said it was inappropriate to fix a term.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hi abbatony4950

If you're not getting any other benefits, then the ones to look at are ESA (Employment and Support Allowance), Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support, or if you're in a Universal Credit area, Universal Credit and Council Tax Support.

All these benefits are income-assessed, and will therefore be awarded at a rate which accounts for any household income or capital which might be present.

If your Daily Living rate of PIP stands, then this may well give rise to additional premiums such as a 'severe disability premium' on ESA, however this is dependent on other circumstances, such as who you live with and whether anyone claims Carer's Allowance for you.

The 'Entitled to' website has a benefit checked on it which is a useful tool for making calculations https://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator/startcalc.aspx

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.