Contribution base job seeker allowance — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Contribution base job seeker allowance

I just return to UK after one year lived abroad . And I would like to apply for contribution base job seeker allownce on December 2017 my income for the tax year 2015-2016 was £14000and for tax year 2014-2015 was  £13000.
My question is : am I entitled for contribution base job seeker allownce . 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,477 Disability Gamechanger
    To be able to claim Contibution Based JSA you will need to have paid enough National Insurance contributions in the last 2 tax years to qualify. Your Income will have nothing to do with it. You can check online at the HMRC website if you register and it will tell you exactly what your NI contributions are.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.