Carer's allowance
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Can I claim for carer allowance if am a mother to an autistic son

carena08carena08 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2017 in Carer's allowance
hi my name is catherine. Can I claim for carer allowance if am a fulltime student with Dyslexic and a mother to an autistic son.


  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,258 Disability Gamechanger

    From the gov web site


    You might be able to get Carer’s Allowance if all of the following apply:

    • you’re 16 or over
    • you spend at least 35 hours a week caring for someone
    • you’ve been in England, Scotland or Wales for at least 2 of the last 3 years (this doesn’t apply if you’re a refugee or have humanitarian protection status)
    • you normally live in England, Scotland or Wales, or you live abroad as a member of the armed forces
    • you’re not in full-time education
    • you’re not studying for 21 hours a week or more
    • you earn no more than £116 a week after tax and some expenses - these will be assessed when you apply
    • you’re not subject to immigration control

    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
Sign in or join us to comment.