PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Non Face to Face assessments for PIP

Replies

• icecreamicecream Member Posts: 14 Connected
    hi i was wondering if you have any info on non face to face assessments for p.i.p, i had one last wk after being told iwas to high risk for a home visit , after breaking down on the phone a nurse took over said she would phone me back,they phoned me back asked me 1 question ,about going out , said thank you and that was it, any advice would be very helpful ????
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering

Hi @icecream

Sounds stressful!

What I would bear in mind though, is that the DWP don't actually need to do an assessment at all to make a decision - I have seen a few cases where no assessment has been made and the decision made on the evidence they have.

In your case it may be that they felt they had enough to make a decision on your claim - they certainly seem to have some info about you if they are refusing home visits?

I would wait for the decision - if they are to refuse you, they're going to have to come up with a blooming good reason for not carrying out the full assessment, so hopefully they will award the benefit.

If you're anxious for information in the meantime, you could always call the DWP or write them a letter asking for a copy of the assessor's report - that might give an indication of where they are headed with the decision.

Ultimately, if it is a refusal, it sounds like you have good grounds for an appeal - in that they have not followed their own guidance and assessed you properly.

Let us know how you get on!

Kind regards,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
  • icecreamicecream Member Posts: 14 Connected
Sign in or join us to comment.