If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Help filling in PIP forms

SystemSystem Posts: 521

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Help filling in PIP forms.


  • Sav44Sav44 Member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hello everyone,  I have got pip form and need help to fill it anyone good with this to help please ?  I live in South West London 

  • Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,731 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2017
    Hi @Sav44 welcome to the community.

    CAB have a great site about filling in PIP forms that goes through it question by question.

    You may be able to get help filling in forms through your local:
    • Citizens Advice
    • Age UK (who help people age 55 and over)
    • Welfare rights groups
    It is really hard to fill in these long forms by yourself. If you regularly see a hospital consultant, do you know if there is anyone at the hospital who can help you - some NHS settings have welfare rights advisers attached to them. Citizens Advice and Age UK are both good suggestions, as is a carer's centre which some local authorities may have. You can also check to see if there is a local disability advice/info organisation - again your local council should be able to tell you, or you could look on their website.

    Disability Rights UK have a list of members and you could have a look to see if there's any organisation near you.

    It can be very daunting, so take your time and ask for help from people around you.  You can write notes on a separate sheet before you fill in the form if it helps.  
    The CAB link above is really useful as it breaks down each question, if you have any further questions, do let us know as many of our members have been where you are and understand how tough it can be to fill in the forms.
    Senior online community officer
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Although this is for an MR it may help


    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
Sign in or join us to comment.