Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Can you help with some street design research in London? (£20 voucher on offer)
Transport consultancy Urban Movement is working with independent researcher Ross Atkin to investigate how some street layouts affect disabled people. They are looking for people with a variety of impairments to be shadowed as they negotiate a guided route of approximately half a mile in length. The research will take place in the weeks commencing October the 9th and October the 16th in the area around Blackfriars Station in London. £20 Amazon, John Lewis or M&S vouchers are available as a thank you for participation; which will take an hour and will involve negotiating a pedestrian route whilst being asked your opinion and videoed. If you are interested in participating please email ross [at] rossatkin.com with a few lines about yourself and the best phone number to reach you on.
- 54.2K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 799 Work and employment
- 590 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 293 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 708 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 939 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.