Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
HI TO ALL, ABOUT 2 WEEKS I MADE A NEW CLAIM FOR ESA OVER THE FONE AND THEN GOT SICKNOTE OF MY DR TOOK IT IN JOBCNTRE AND THEY SCANNED IT TO ESA DEPT, THEN LAST WK THE BOSS OF THE ESA FONED ME ME UP ASK'D ME QUESTIONS AND THEN FONED ME BAK UP AND SAID "I'M SORRY BUT U CARN'T GO BAK ON ESA" AS IT SAYS THE SAME ON NEW NEW SICKNOTE AS WAT IT DID ON OLD SICKNOTES YRS AGO WEN I WAS ON ESA. SO WAT DO I DO NOW? I NOW WENT BAK ON JSA FOR THE TIME BEEN. LEE HALL
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.