Parents, carers and disabled parents
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Speech And Language

SystemSystem Posts: 521

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Non verbal 34 months.

Replies

• DenisewDenisew Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi
    My partner’s daughter was born at 25 weeks & has cerebral palsy. She is now 30 Months & used to say mamma & dadda, but does not anymore. She has started head banging & biting which presumably is caused by her lack of communication. She is generally happy but screams when she is either dressed or undressed. Speech & Language are saying it is early days yet & she may speak, but myself & my partner are seriously concerned about the lack of help being given. I feel that she would benefit from going to a school where her needs are specifically catered for as she is also unable to walk. She has an adapted frame but tires very easily when using it. Her mother is adamant that she should go to a mainstream school. I do not feel that Health Advisors are giving her appropriate advice of what is in the best interests of her child. Does anyone else with older children have experience of these problems? 
Sign in or join us to comment.