What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Taxi Fare

SystemSystem Posts: 519

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Dla.

Replies

• CandyflossCandyfloss Member Posts: 34 Listener
    Candyfloss here.I sit incredulous as a letter to say I would not be reimbursed for taxi fare of 13.70 was received today.When I called prior to my assessment asking for a home visit there was no mention that I would need a letter from my doctor.I also paid 12.10 for taxi into this place..when I checked to see if my  taxi fare to ESA would show up as proof for my Appeal it does not state that this was from the DWP on my digital banking. As I explained before there was  a dispute only settled when my doctor intervened .I.am out of pocket as PIP could have approached my doctor as happened with ESA. Any advice would be welcome as this proves even more that both the ESA @ PIP will play dirty to stop you in your tracks.
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2017
    Hi @Candyfloss, sorry to hear this.

From what I can see on this website, it looks like ATOS assess whether they can reimburse taxi fares on a case-by-case basis, meaning that not all taxi fares end up reimbursed. Did you let them know that you would be travelling by taxi beforehand?
    my first assessment was on 5 Sep.I called them a week before to ask for a home visit.They did not inform me at the time that it would need to be rubber stamped,unlike the ESA who contacted my doctor prior to my appointment.As I said before was it a cover up as I can't find the proof that ESA was the sender All it shows is 6 numbers not confirmation stating it was from DWP.
    I understand what you convey but as I said earlier THEY knew My mobility was compromised or I would not have asked for a home visit otherwise.What they did was an error of omission as  they failed to say that I needed a doctors letter before hand.If I knew this I would not have expected a refund......
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry @Candyfloss: it looks like it could be another one of those things that are there to catch people out, even those such as yourself who clearly have mobility issues and difficulties with public transport. I can imagine how frustrated you must feel, and I'm so sorry that there isn't more I can do to help with this issue.
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Hi Candyfloss

Sorry to hear this, it's stressful enough without this kind of additional difficulty.

I suggest you make a complaint. For Atos assessments you can complain here and for Capita it's here.

Good luck
    David
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
    Thank you David,I took your advice but apparently this web page is not available.I'm running on spent energy .even having to pay for copies of loads of papers needed for my appeal as there is cutbacks at the Workers Union who have took up my Appeal.I visited my doctor for a sicknote in order to claim ESA payments .After I got home I was appalled to see she had not mentioned my grading of COPD which I had been given by my former doctor of 30 years before he retired.I don't now think that doctors are there to help but to hinder your progress as she in the past mentioned that they could not be involved in the politics of my case,now looking back makes me think that comment spoke volumes of her affiliations as I only looked for her help in my medical reports
Sign in or join us to comment.