Clothing project - functional, adaptable, easy wear — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Clothing project - functional, adaptable, easy wear

Options
lucy_doherty
lucy_doherty Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2017 in Research and opportunities
Hello!

My name is Lucy Doherty. I am a fashion student currently studying my final year of my BA fashion and business degree. I am currently researching adaptable & functional clothing specifically for those with restricted movement. I am working on a new Marketing plan where my designs for this specific area can be featured and pitched to existing retailers.. 

For my research, I will need to talk to those affected by restricted movement or have problems dressing and undressing . I have been in contact with the physio department at Brighton general hospital but I would be very interested in pitching this idea to the Scope forum to receive any feedback on what those affected would like to be able to find on the market but also to complete a short survey on garments that are particularly hard to dress in and desired features/fastenings to consider. 

If my idea is sponsored, it is a project that i can work on after completing my final year- not only to design affordable yet individual pieces but also to adapt existing loved clothing which no longer has suitable functions.

I would be so grateful if you could get back to me as I feel this is an area that really should be drawn to attention and should be much more readily available on the market.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Survey to follow. 

Kindest Regards,

Lucy Doherty x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.