Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Could you please tell me if i could apply for ESA?


  • sharri1959sharri1959 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi Could you please tell me if i could apply for ESA with a condition that i am now suffering with after radiotherapy, I did receive ESA when i was diagnosed with Cancer last year but this was stopped in April after a medical assessment said i didn't have enough points     
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    You can reapply for ESA if you can show a new or significantly worstened condition

    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering

    Hi @sharri1959

    As CR correctly says, if your condition has deteriorated significantly, or you have a new condition then yes you can re-apply - you indicate that you have a condition following radiotherapy - this sounds like it may be new? Medical evidence indicating deterioration/new condition always helps - e.g. ask the doctor to note in the sick note that the condition is in addition.

    It may well be worth giving it a go, and don't forget you have a right of appeal if they refuse.

    Let us know if you need any more specific advice.

    Kind regards,


    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.