Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is max123!
I am 48 years old and have Hashimotos disease, under active thyroid,obstructive sleep apnoea and central sleep apnoea which has been diagnosed in the last 4 months. I have treatment for everything via nhs however I had to leave my job and family business recently as I just cannot function the same anymore as although I have felt some benefit of cpap treatment I just cannot put a shift of work in and any stress of any description makes me ill which is linked to my Hashimotos and recently had a day in hospital with chest pains as a result of stress. Can anyone here advise me am I able to apply for help of any description in my current situation as I have to put my health and complex situation first but losing my income is a shock , I also have numerous allergies and intolerances too which makes day to day normality quite hard. I would hope in time I can once again work .
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.