Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Any extra help?
Hi, previously on dla, had to swap to pip early this year. Having been on high rate dla mobility for years and deteriorated considerably in that time, I had a face to face interview by an interviewer who actually lied on my paperwork and it was upheld on review. I was warned that going to appeal would leave me open to a higher reduction and so dare not appeal was awarded high rate care because I can now do very little for myself, and have four pain routed disabilities and several other issues. It has meant that I can no longer cover my rent and eat or heat the house also now isolated. I heard recently that pip have acknowledged an issue and back dating to May, people who may have been wrongly assessed. Do I have to ask to b considered for this?. Applied for discretionary housing payments and told to ask the landlord to reduce the rent or find somewhere cheaper to live! I cold not physically move again and was previously in a 3 bedroom house and told bedrom tax would be less if I moved to 2, once I. Moved, same council, I got no more. Housing benefit leaves me having to find £150 a month out of my living money. I am a cancer patient, diabetic and have a heart condition on top of 4 pain conditions, going without food and heat is dangerous. I am desperate for some help please, thankyou.
- 53.9K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 153 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 791 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 290 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.6K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 686 Chronic pain and pain management
- 704 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.