Parents, carers and disabled parents
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Children's Wheelchair

SystemSystem Posts: 519

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Disability and Social Isolation.

Replies

• cerisarahcerisarah Member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi, my two year old son has mobility problems so I have a special designed pushchair for him it is classed as a wheelchair it was provided by Wiltshire wheel chair services I have found that some places look at it and say that’s classed as a pushchair so I can’t use the disabled access, the only thing I have to prove it is a wheelchair apart from it looking more surportive than a pushchair is the sticker on the bottom of it . So I find this frustrating when taking him out.
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cerisarah, that sounds really frustrating, especially that people aren't willing to take your word for it too. Have you tried asking the wheelchair services where you got the chair whether they have anything that can help to identify it as a wheelchair? 

Something else you might be interested in is the Access Card, which more and more organisations are beginning to recognise as proof of disability. There's a small charge, but it also entitles you and your son to concessions and discounts. Hope this helps!
  • cerisarahcerisarah Member Posts: 7 Listener
    Thankyou pippa I have just looked on their website and I think it’s a great idea I will be applying for one. Great advice
Sign in or join us to comment.