Lower Back Problem — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Lower Back Problem

System Posts: 701

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: UC, ESA and PIP.


  • Doe
    Doe Member Posts: 3 Listener
    hi I have a severe lower back problem which affects my right severely and was advised the problem started d with trapped nerve .  I have had q4 injections in my spine which most of them gave me some pain relief however they told me they are not giving these injection any more.  I have really poor walking ability and a blue badge.  I am now very depressed because it is in erring with any social life I had.  My friend claims pips but can walk far better than me and her hubby has motorability but manages to do gardening for several people.  I don't want pity and I don't want to claim unnecessary but do wonder if I have reason to claim can someone please get back to me with an answer .   thankyou.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,798 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Doe, the best place to begin would be to put your details into the online benefits calculator: this will give you an idea of what you may be eligible for. There's also an overview of the various awards that you may find helpful when deciding whether to make a claim.
  • DawnRoydsCameron
    DawnRoydsCameron Member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi my name is Dawn.
    maybe you should visit yr local Citizens Advice bureau 
    I did and they even helped me fill out my forms.
    I too have had back problems for years and now suffer with Chronic fatigue syndrome, IBS, fibromyalgia, migraines and sleeping problems all which makes my depression go all over the place. Some days im fit enough to get around and some days I can't face even to get dressed.
    Im not after pity either its just life at the moment.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.