What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pension credit

SystemSystem Posts: 521

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Benefits question.

Replies

• julieritjulierit Member Posts: 2 Listener
    I am 68 will be 69 next month I have copd and it is in the last stage is there any other benefit I can claim I have my pension and pension credit but it is only £114.80 pension and £44.55 pension credit. 

Julie
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @julierit, have you tried the online benefits calculator? It's a great place to start to see if there's anything else you may be entitled to.
  • Tricia1912Tricia1912 Member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Hi Tricia 1912. Is there a certain amount of state pension before you get pension credit. 
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tricia1912

This information is from the gov.uk page on Pension Credit:

Pension Credit is an income-related benefit made up of 2 parts - Guarantee Credit and Savings Credit.

Guarantee Credit tops up your weekly income if it’s below £159.35 (for single people) or £243.25 (for couples).

Savings Credit is an extra payment for people who saved some money towards their retirement, for example a pension.

There's also a benefits calculator on that page if you want to have a go and check eligibility. Hope this helps!
  • Tricia1912Tricia1912 Member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Thanks very much it’s just some calculators say your eligible others say no lm confused but you’ve made it clearer. Thanks again. 
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering

Hi @Julierit

Have you applied for Attendance Allowance("AA")? That is a disability benefits for the over 65's - if you need help (whether you get the help or not) with your personal care needs such as getting in/out of bed, getting dressed, bathing, moving about the house etc? May be worth a try! https://www.gov.uk/attendance-allowance/how-to-claim

If you live by yourself AA would also mean an additional amount being added to your Pension Credit.

Also if you're not claiming Council Tax Support that is a big one (from your local council).

Hope this helps - let us know if you need any more info.

Kind regards,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.