Recruiting PhD participants! :)
My name is Shauna Kearney, and I am a second year PhD student in Coventry University, in the field of disability studies and parasport events. My PhD research is looking into the legacy of the Paralympic Games and the lived experiences of people with disabilities following the hosting of a Paralympic Games. I have recently returned from data collection in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. My study is a comparison between London 2012 and Rio 2016 to compare the differences experienced by people with disabilities in a developed versus a developing country.
For London, I am looking to interview people with physical disabilities only (as this is what my ethical clearance granted by Coventry University allows) who have lived in London since 2009 or before. All participants must be over 18 years of age and the interview length ranges from 30-60 minutes on average. I can travel to London to conduct the interviews or they can take place via Skype if preferred.
If you are interested and would like to take part or discuss the study further please do not hesitate to get in touch!
- 54.2K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 799 Work and employment
- 590 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 293 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 708 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 939 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments