Research project exploring diabetes appointments for adults with learning disabilities
My name is Lorna, I'm a PhD student at the Open University and I am looking for participants for my project.
My PhD project aims to improve our currently limited
knowledge of the experience of diabetes care for adults with learning
disabilities, which may help to inform improved services.
I am looking for adults with mild-to-moderate learning disabilities and type 1 or type 2 diabetes to take part in interviews about their experience of primary care diabetes appointments. Where possible, I would also like to speak to someone who provides support with these appointments (e.g. paid or family carers). I am based in Cambridge but will travel to participants in the South and Midlands where possible. A £20 gift voucher will be offered as a thank you.You can find further information, including participant information sheets on the study website https://diabeteslearningdisabilities.wordpress.com/.
I have received ethical approval from the Open University's Human Research Ethics Committee. My project has also been reviewed and approved by Cambridgeshire County Council's Research Governance Panel & Service Director for Adult Social Care.
Thank you for your help.
Lorna Rouse[email address removed by moderator]
- 54K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 154 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 793 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 705 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments