Research project exploring diabetes appointments for adults with learning disabilities — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Research project exploring diabetes appointments for adults with learning disabilities

Options
Lorna_Rouse
Lorna_Rouse Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2018 in Research and opportunities
Hi

My name is Lorna, I'm a PhD student at the Open University and I am looking for participants for my project.

My PhD project aims to improve our currently limited knowledge of the experience of diabetes care for adults with learning disabilities, which may help to inform improved services.

I am looking for adults with mild-to-moderate learning disabilities and type 1 or type 2 diabetes to take part in interviews about their experience of primary care diabetes appointments.  Where possible, I would also like to speak to someone who provides support with these appointments (e.g. paid or family carers).   I am based in Cambridge but will travel to participants in the South and Midlands where possible.  A £20 gift voucher will be offered as a thank you.                                                    

You can find further information, including participant information sheets on the study website https://diabeteslearningdisabilities.wordpress.com/.

I have received ethical approval from the Open University's Human Research Ethics Committee.  My project has also been reviewed and approved by Cambridgeshire County Council's Research Governance Panel & Service Director for Adult Social Care.

Thank you for your help.

Lorna Rouse

[email address removed by moderator]            

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.