PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip stopped

SystemSystem Posts: 519

Scope community team

edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: How long.

Replies

• linda325linda325 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    My pip was stopped last July. I suffer from anxiety depression mental health problems plus a number of physical problems.  Have just come out of hospital after another suicide attempt. I was wondering after the recent court case if my case would be revised.
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @linda325, and welcome to the community! So sorry to hear about your circumstances. I know that @mikehughescq is knowledgeable about the current changes and how they will affect people, I wonder if they would mind chatting to you about this?
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,914 Disability Gamechanger

Happily. Depends on whether your original PIP award involved you asking for mobility on the basis of overwhelming psychological distress. Anyone whose case was refused on that basis will be reviewed but it will be over a period of years and the detail is not clear. Right now, as you have no PIP, you would be as well to ask for a late mandatory reconsideration (you're well within the 13 months maximum) on the basis of the illegality of the law change and see what happens from there. At worst it gives you a new decision to appeal. At best it gets some or all of your award back and possibly arrears.

A new claim would not necessarily be any more successful.

• Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
  • linda325linda325 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you I will try that I have nothing to lose.
Sign in or join us to comment.