Pip stopped — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Pip stopped

System Posts: 703

Scope community team

edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: How long.


  • linda325
    linda325 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    My pip was stopped last July. I suffer from anxiety depression mental health problems plus a number of physical problems.  Have just come out of hospital after another suicide attempt. I was wondering after the recent court case if my case would be revised.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,798 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @linda325, and welcome to the community! So sorry to hear about your circumstances. I know that @mikehughescq is knowledgeable about the current changes and how they will affect people, I wonder if they would mind chatting to you about this?
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Posts: 8,847 Connected

    Happily. Depends on whether your original PIP award involved you asking for mobility on the basis of overwhelming psychological distress. Anyone whose case was refused on that basis will be reviewed but it will be over a period of years and the detail is not clear. Right now, as you have no PIP, you would be as well to ask for a late mandatory reconsideration (you're well within the 13 months maximum) on the basis of the illegality of the law change and see what happens from there. At worst it gives you a new decision to appeal. At best it gets some or all of your award back and possibly arrears.

    A new claim would not necessarily be any more successful.

  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,798 Disability Gamechanger
  • linda325
    linda325 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you I will try that I have nothing to lose.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.